Everything you must know about Ventilated Facades
What are ventilated facades?
Ventilated Facades also known as double-skin facades which are created by cladding the outsides of the buildings with ceramic materials. Damp and inadequate drying out have caused large problems in the building industry in recent years. And when you energy-renovate with high-insulating materials, you risk creating new condensation problems. Because a brick or concrete front wall will have difficulty drying out when it no longer receives heat from the construction behind it.
A sounder alternative technique is, therefore, attracting widespread attention: the “ventilated facade system”.
How does ventilated facade system work?
Altogether this is possible because of the ‘stack effect’, a rising flow of air which ensures the natural ventilation of the outside walls. The effect is created by forming a trench between the external cladding layer and the ramparts of the building met with thermal and acoustic insulation material.
What are the benefits of ventilated facades?
- Constructive & easy to install, allows the use of dissimilar types of cladding as natural rock, ceramic or any suitable outdoor material. Also allows an easy substitution and provides high-quality finishes and high durability to the facades.
- Energy saving: The distance between the building and the external facade allows the formation of an air chamber which is renewed by convection. This chamber facilitates that the heating of the building is maintained in winter and in summer have low insulation to the building, because the sunlight passes on the cladding and not the walls of the building; bringing down the energy costs up to 30%.
- Acoustic isolation: The air chamber acts as an insulation for any noise from outside. Through the adaption of the aloofness of the location of the cladding and the usage of different materials, the external noise can be invalidated.
- Waterproofing: The airflow that exists between the cladding and the external wall allows that any filtration can easily disappear. This circumstance also avoids the formation of mild stains if are used in the facade materials like stone or porous materials.
- Ventilated facades significantly reduce noise levels, shortening them by up to one half.
- New constructions and refurbishment projects: Ventilated facades can be made both to clad new buildings and to promote existing ones by increasing their energy efficiency.
- Fewer stresses applied to buildings: Ventilated facades considerably reduce the weight of cladding materials applied to buildings and scale down the risk of detaching, failure or breakage, thanks to the lower weight of the fabrics employed and the specially designed anchor fixtures.
- They are safer, durable than the glass facades.
Ventilated facades are not the trends to follow which fizzles out over time, they are incessant because of their numerous benefits.
All these designs and trends are accessible at G. H. KARIA.
Come and experience a new beginning with us.
G. H. KARIA, a 60 years old establishment catering to the needs of the Projects and Retail customers in Bathrooms, Kitchens, Surfaces & Floorings industry; moving forward with an extension into a new segment in UPVC windows & doors.
A visit to the G. H. Karia in Mulund, Navi-Mumbai and Ulhasnagar showcases a view of an impressive line-up of various international brands catering to everyone’s needs.
Connect with us to help you serve better.